External building restoration solutions – Historic, listed and modern buildings
We are experts in facade refurbishment, we specialize in increasing the life span of insitu materials, to help reduce the need for replacement, we help create building ready for the 21st century and beyound. Providing full external building restoration solutions for all building facades – from high rise commercial buildings to listed and historic properties – we use the latest technology, access methods, utilsing modern solutions, traditional skills and craftsmanship, to stabilize, clean, repair, fix, respray and restore your building.
With a proven track record working with all material, from stone, cladding, curtain walling and render, we use sensitive, non-abrasive techniques to help restore and increase the lifespan of your building.
We help buildings live into the 21st Century and beyond, our solutions and long-term approach help maximise façades performance & ROI.
Pre project testing, onsite surveys, façade cleaning test trials – proven specifications
Stone, concrete, cladding, brick or render, we provide the right solution for your building. With each elevation receiving a customised treatment that suits its geography and environment, no matter where you are, we have a tailored solution for your building and budget.
Surveyors, local authorities, building owners and managers regularly work with us to help create bespoke façade refurbishment solutions. We understand that facade cleaning and building restoration projects often need to take place while the building is in full use. We use the most appropriate access solution to suit your needs, installing scaffolding, using abseiling and rope access or MEWPS to manage our projects safely.
Every project has its own unique façade cleaning plan, stone repair match (both in colour and texture), and repointing solution (whether that be flush, weather struck, recessed or a bucket handle finish). Where required, we work within listed building and conservation guidelines to provide you with a building refurbishment solution that you can be proud of.
Our specialist facade refurbishment solutions include:
- Full building cleaning, façade repair and protective coatings
- Specialist access solutions: Abseiling, cradles, tower hoist, MEWPS and scaffolding
- Masonry, concrete and façade repairs
- Structural masonry ties and façade stabilisation
- Building painting and hydrophobic protective nano coatings
- Cleaning, restoration and inspection of powder coated cladding
- Inspection and restoration of anodised aluminium
- Restoration and protection of curtain walling
- Cleaning of float, plate and Stopsol glazing
- Scratch removal from glazing panels
- Restoration and protection of stainless steel
- Inspection and replacement of gaskets
- Stain removal including carbon, traffic film, effluence staining, leeched salts, organic matter, environmental pollution and paint from your stone, concrete, brick, rendered or cladded building façade
- Facade business case development proposals, access and programme plans
- Facade condition and performance surveys
- Drone and thermal imaging façade surveys
Specialist Consultancy Solutions
- Specialist façade cleaning test trials and method specifications.
- Façade surveys, reporting, access and programme plans.
- Façade condition and performance surveys.
Surveyors, local authorities, building owners and managers all enlist us to help create a bespoke façade refurbishment solution.
Listed buildings and period properties are constructed using a wide range of materials, often locally sourced which need to be matched during the restoration. Beautifully designed and intelligently engineered buildings and the general external building fabric can be left for hundreds of years with little or no maintenance, leaving materials to weather and decay. We use low pressure steam cleaning methods for soft soiling matter and combine it with a range of other specialist cleaning methods such as TORC (aggregate based methods, poultice, nebulous and chemicals are used in a targeted manner to help soften certain forms of pollution). We use traditional methods to restore, preserve and maintain historic buildings for many years to come.
FREE building restoration methods presentation
Request a copy of 21st Century Facades Book
BT Pre-project Testing Process
Request a call
Expert Technical Advice
A Unique Guide ON How To Restore And Protect Building Skins
Whether it’s a technical façade condition inspection, specialist advice, façade cleaning test trials and specification development, the delivery of a building cleaning project within a challenging access environment or a full building refurbishment project with ongoing going façade management strategies to maximise your ROI, we can help.
32 Case Studies
Before and After Cleaning
A simple photographic reference guide to help you visualise your building material and the solutions required to restore it with care and sensitivity. These case studies have been selected to help you identify your building material, soiling issues and the potential solutions available to you. Using our ‘before and after’ images, you can visualise your own building following similar treatment.
21st Century Façades: Breathing Life into Urban Landscapes
The urban environment has changed enormously since the majority of building maintenance concerns were focused on more traditional masonry structures, materials, pollution levels, weather patterns – even the height of most buildings are completely different to a hundred years ago. This book illustrates how Building Transformation’s methods breathe new life, energy and vitality into building skins and cities.