Specilist paint removal solutions for external and internal paint removal projects.
Removing paint is complex and high risk if detailed pre project investigations are not completed. Understanding the type of paint, number of layers, removal techniques and waste management requirements are essential in designing the project solutions. We utilise a wide variety of methods to provide the best paint removal solutions. Contact us today and book a test trail.
At Building Transformation we provide a complete paint removal, façade cleaning and repair solution to restore your property whether it be a commercial building or residential property.
At Building Transformation, we do things differently. We do them right.
Layers of paint that have been applied over the years to freshen up the façade can hide a multitude of sins; the paint will, over time, weaken the masonry until it becomes soft and begins to crumble and fail.
Older buildings (painted 40+ years ago) may be coated with lead-based paint which means that you will need to consider the safety and environmental impact of removing it. You can buy specialist paint testing kits which allow you to gauge the lead levels before deciding on a course of action.
The key to a successful paint removal project lies in the preparation, and any pre-project testing will enable you to build an understanding of the following:
- Methods, dwell times, pressures, temperatures and flow rates and how these factors can work together to soften, break down and remove the paint with minimal damage to the substrate.
- Demonstrations will allow you to see how various methods work and how they will impact the building façade.
- Avoiding chemical/blasting methods is essential if you want to preserve the patina of your masonry. It may seem to be a cheaper, more instant method but it will more than likely significantly damage the building façade.
We specialise in the following stone cleaning and façade refurbishment services for commercial, listed and period properties:
- Façade steam cleaning and restoration: Super-heated steam, Nebulus and poultice cleaning.
- Specialist sensitive cleaning for stone, brick and masonry.
- Removal of carbon, effluence staining, organic matter, pollution and salt leaching from stone and brick.
- Paint removal on building façades.
- Masonry, concrete and façade repairs.
- Steel frame cathodic protection.
- Corrosion inhibitors.
- Traditional roofing and leadwork, using slate and lead.
- Installation of traditional rainwater and guttering systems.
- Sash window repair and decoration.
- Installation of internal lime plasters and renders.
- Specialist decorations such as gilding and limewashing.
Here at Building Transformation we take a proactive approach to every residential paint removal project. Our process is formulated with you in mind:
- We attend a full inspection and site meeting to understand why you want to remove paint and how you envisage the outcome.
- A visual inspection is then undertaken with you, the client (or architect/conservation officer), where we look for weaknesses, spalling/failure of masonry and agree a testing location.
- If your building is suitable for paint removal we will then discuss methods, risks and possible outcomes to ensure that we are in agreement about the most appropriate options.
- Extensive testing is undertaken whereby 3-6 methods will be tested, followed by a variety of steam clean pressures/temperatures. This will enable us to ascertain the best combination for the desired outcome.
FREE building restoration methods presentation
Request a copy of 21st Century Facades Book
BT Pre-project Testing Process
Request a call
Expert Technical Advice
A Unique Guide ON How To Restore And Protect Building Skins
Whether it’s a technical façade condition inspection, specialist advice, façade cleaning test trials and specification development, the delivery of a building cleaning project within a challenging access environment or a full building refurbishment project with ongoing going façade management strategies to maximise your ROI, we can help.
32 Case Studies
Before and After Cleaning
A simple photographic reference guide to help you visualise your building material and the solutions required to restore it with care and sensitivity. These case studies have been selected to help you identify your building material, soiling issues and the potential solutions available to you. Using our ‘before and after’ images, you can visualise your own building following similar treatment.
21st Century Façades: Breathing Life into Urban Landscapes
The urban environment has changed enormously since the majority of building maintenance concerns were focused on more traditional masonry structures, materials, pollution levels, weather patterns – even the height of most buildings are completely different to a hundred years ago. This book illustrates how Building Transformation’s methods breathe new life, energy and vitality into building skins and cities.